MAŁASZEWICZE – a railway gate to the European transport system
Małaszewicze is very favourably located on the map of Europe: at the junction of main railway lines, right next to the borders of three countries.
It plays an important role in freight transport on the New Silk Road:
• it is the largest transhipment area on the eastern border of the European Union,
• this is the European transport corridor No. 2 and the northern line of the New Silk Road,
• it constitutes the eastern customs border of the European Union,
• this is where a 1435 mm and 1520 m railway contact and CIM – SMGS communication systems are connected.
The INBAP Terminal is located at the east border of Poland, in Małaszewicze Duże – near the border with Belarus, directly at route No. 2 of the TEN-T core network corridor, i.e. North Sea – Baltic Sea, connecting the most important ports in Europe using all available modes of transport.
Our terminal has several years of operation history. Initially, the key to the entire investment was the production of paraffin and the provision of transhipment and heating services for railway cars.
In the vicinity of the investment there is the E20 railway line and its CE20 branch for combined freight transport and the E30 road: Świecko – Terespol.
Today our portfolio of services includes:
• transhipment of highly solidifying products, such as: paraffin, slack wax or petrolatum;
• transhipment of base oils;
• transhipment of vegetable oils (including rapeseed oil);
• handling of molasses;
• paraffin processing.
In 2018, at our terminal, we transhipped over 128,000 tons of various products, and we completed the third quarter of 2019 with an even more promising result: over 134,000 tons of transhipped goods.
From 2 July 2019, we expanded our transhipment activities based on obtained License No. MPC/17249/64515/W/DPC/2019/GMa for transhipment of liquid fuels issued by the President of the Energy Regulatory Office valid until 31 December 2030.
The license obtained allows transhipment of the following liquid fuels:
• refinery semi-products with CN codes: 2710 19 31, 2710 19 35, 2710 19 51, 2710 19 55;
• diesel fuels with CN codes: 2710 19 43, 2710 20 11;
• light heating oils and other diesel oils with CN codes: 2710 19 46, 2710 19 47, 2710 19 48, 2710 20 15, 2710 20 17, 2710 20 19;
• heavy fuel oils with CN codes: 2710 19 62, 2710 19 64, 2710 19 68, 2710 20 31, 2710 20 35, 2710 20 39, 2710 20 90;
• liquid biofuels with CN codes: 3826 00 10, excluding methyl esters which are additives for liquid fuels.
In the near future we will carry out a thorough modernisation and expansion of our investment. We will increase the terminal surface by more than twofold and improve its functionality, which will significantly extend the transhipment and storage offer. The INBAP Terminal will be part of the place designated for customs clearance and will be equipped with a railway siding with a European (1435 mm) and eastern (1520 mm) track system.
Planned base turnover volume:
• diesel oil – reserve: single filling of tanks constituting the intervention reserve during the year (total capacity for the reserve – 110,000 m³);
• diesel oil – turnover: filling the storage tanks with a turnover of 20,000 m³ 51 times a year);
• petrol – maximum monthly turnover 5000 t/month;
• methanol – once filling the methanol storage tank once a month (10,000 m³) and target import after 1,600 t four times a month;
• ethanol, vinyl acetate – maximum monthly turnover 5000 t/month.